Monday, November 15, 2010

I stumble

I walk around in the bright sunlight

Just looking for a ray to warm me

I know the warmth will be good to me

This time..Right?

Ray warms my heart and knocks off the chlls

And then I stumble

There was crack in life that tripped me up. Again.

How was that not seen when that way I just came

The Ray was right beside me shining brightly

Maybe too brightly for me to see

The armor, Rusted The smile, False

The strength, Assisted by the weight of others past

I trod on through a path watered by the tears of love gone

I stumble

I pull away from the thorns of pain as I walk the path

I stumble

I look up through the trees looking for my ray

And.i.stumble.

The path narrow but a prize to great to give up on

I gather the strength deep inside me to stand and deeply breathe.

One step, two steps. I feel a pull at my back

A voice on my neck beckons me back but I keep my eyes forward

I can not, will not, succumb to the tempting temptor that tempts me

Again.

I can not will not lean back and feel the warmth

A fooling warmth that hides another face cold as ice.

I stumble

Its customary to accept the temporary and not be wary

As we should…We all stumble

We can be fooled by the heat that gets us hot

And we fall into a hole that takes a while to get out of

But we must remember that when we fall

We can get back up

When we stumble reach up and gather more strength from the hills

We fail to understand that a helping hand can help us stand ..tall

Taller than we ever have and believe me when I say

You may see 5 foot 1 of honey deliciousness standing before you

But …. I can find a love inside of me that makes me feel 10 feet tall..

Of honey deliciousness, I mean I can’t lose that just cuz I add 5 ft right

I can find a love in me that will make me taller than any mountaintop

I stumble

I am warmed by rays, pure and bright

I stand and walk again…And if I stumble.. I’ll make sure I get back up

©Lainey Starr 2010

1 comment:

  1. THANKS LAINEY, FOR TELLING SOME OF WHAT WE ALL FEEL IN OUR LIVES ONE TIME OR ANOTHER. THIS BASICALLY MIRRORS THE THINGS I AM FEELING RIGHT NOW, BUT I MUST SAY I CONTINUE TO STUMBLE THROUGH THIS THING WE CALL LIFE. AS MUCH AS I TRY TO FIGHT THE THOUGHTS OF WHAT MY LIFE IS RIGHT NOW, I CAN'T SEEM TO GET A GRIP ON WHAT I SHOULD THINK, DO AND FEEL. THIS POEM OF YOURS KIND OF GIVES ME SOME GUIDANCE ON WHICH WAY I SHOULD TRY TO TACKLE THESE DEMONS THAT HAUNT ME SO. I GUESS IT WOULD HELP IF I OPENED UP MORE, BUT ITS HARD TO LET PEOPLE IN, AND TO TRUST THEY WILL UNDERSTAND. SO AGAIN I SAY THANK FOR HELPING ME NOT TO STUMBLE THIS ONE DAY. JACKIE AKA MA-DUKES

    ReplyDelete