Tuesday, January 11, 2011

She Don't Have To Know...

You gently guide me into your home
you whisper we are all alone
I know you think we are gonna bone
but that just aint gonna happen.
I look around and see the flower
I see the decorative CD tower
I can almost feel her power
but you don't seem to care.
I get a call only late at nite
you sound as if you have had a fight
Now you wanna see me under the moonlight
but something makes me wonder.
I ask point blank is your heart split in two
you say 'Naw baby, it's just me and you"
My soul tells me what I need to do
protect my heart at all times.
Another call a quarter to three in the morning
Now a woman is cussing and i should be snoring
She says she is your wife and now I see the scoring
You had two faces all along.
So you say its okay y'all don't really have love
It used to be heavensent from above
but now there's just fighting, so he puts on the glove
It's over now, he swears.
So you want to continue, just like we were before
And everynite you leave me and walk through that door
I know you will lay with her, or sleep on her floor
its something I just can not do.
So you wanna play the field, have some possibilty
You say you found love in my eyes u did see
She doesn't have to know you whisper repeatedly
But ...you see..she does..Cuz one day..that she...will be me..
Lainey Starr 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment