Thursday, October 28, 2010

Veiled

Directly below the surface

Bubbling with intentions

I see your feelings

Some hot, many cold

But still visible.

You speak your words laced with double meanings

You use your pen to heal but also to sting

It’s a process I am sure

One you are happy to repeat, over and over

You are veiled but there is someone that hears your heart

The voices in your head yell and scream and cry

They explain and question and wonder why oh why

You veil your pain in bubbly speech

It’s noticed as much as the sometime nervous giggle

Though pushed down the same feelings emerge

Tauntingly, and with caution you test waters.

I can not quench what I know will become bitter

I hope your boiling will subside

Both in want and in anger.

So much ahead, one should not spend time holding

A veil.

©Lainey Starr 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment