Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cook for me

You stand next to the stove
I watch your strong arms hover over them
You hands lingering over the pots.
You move as if a magical spice were going to
Just spring from your fingertips.
Now those fingers are magical, this I know
But the bubbles, they seem to respond to your closeness
The sizzles, they increase when your hands come near
The meat becomes even more tender and juicy
You dip your spoon into the juice and then ..slowly
Begin to bring it to my lips for a taste
Each step closer to me that you get
Makes me shift in my seat with building anticipation
My mouth is already watering
Leaning in, you skillfully give me a taste.
Sensations flood my tongue and my eyes close.
I let the juice slowly recede and I savor every drop.
When my eyes open, I see you smiling at me.
No need to ask how I felt about the morsel
It showed all over my body
Eyes shiny and begging
Mouth puckered for more
Back arched towards you
I wanted, no, I needed, more than a taste
More.. I whisper
Soon ..you answer
Returning to your work place
I sit and admire the view
Your Dark chocolate skin against your crisp white uniform
I can’t wait for the moment that I can add my own ingredients
I just know chocolate and honey cinnamon will taste divine together
Smooth motions stir the dish to perfection.
I impatiently wait to be presented with my portion.
I hungrily devour your offering
Tasting each bit as if for the first time
Over and over and over, I taste
Plate empty.. I look over to you
Seconds please…you smile and
Begin to dip your spoon again
We partake even more, following one simple rule:
Don’t feed me till I’m full
Let me eat until I’m tired.
©Lainey Starr 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment